Monday, April 27, 2009

And a one, and a two...

This is the inaugrual post of Ghostsnapper, a blog from the backstretch photographer's point of view. I've been writing a weekly turf column, "The Call to the Post," over at http://www.smilepolitely.com/ but still need more space to spew out all of my thoughts pertaining to the ponies. Today, my first batch of photos went up at http://www.horsephotos.com/. If you're searching for Old Fashioned or Papa Clem, mine will be some of the first to pop up (the latest are listed first). As I've only just been admitted to the Horse Photos fold, I have yet to shoot a race "professionally," but will document my first days of that here. I'm sure to be scared shitless once that day comes. Until then, which will be in the coming months, I will be documenting the races I attend as a fan, and tune into when I'm not snapping away at those heart-pounding moments in the flesh.

Tonight, I'm leaving for Louisville in preparation to the Derby Festival. I'll be attending the all of the workouts that I can, try to squeeze in that crowd to witness the Derby post position draw, and gawk at the Pegasus Parade. I've got tickets to both the Oaks and the Derby and am leaping in my skin at the prospect of seeing Zenyatta in the Louisville Handicap on the Oaks undercard.

It's gonna be a wild week. But this is the Derby, and the two go hand-in-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment