Monday, May 4, 2009

Best Derby summary I've read

I just read this fantastic overview on Blood-Horse's Triple Crown Talk blog. It pretty much sums up word-for-word how I felt the day of the race and afterwards. The shock, the realization about how dumb we are for overlooking Borel "The Rail," and what a good story all of this makes.

I will try to write my own day of overview for tomorrow. It's really hard to sum up the Kentucky Derby experience; I do think it's something every person should experience. There's nothing quite like it.

In other news, Holy Bull's unbeaten son, Hull, is going to the Preakness. The second jewel of the Triple Crown is looking to be a lean field, with the exception of Mine That Bird and Papa Clem. Everyone is targeting the Belmont Stakes because they want a longer layoff. Rachel Alexandra, unfortunately, is being targeted toward the Acorn Stakes, a 3-year-old filly race on the undercard of the Belmont. It will be sentimentally nice if she wins, since it's one of the Triple Tiara races, which the legendary Ruffian won, but Rachel could do so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment